Lightweight mesh sneakers are both trendy and functional. Mesh is breathable and keeps your foot cool. Is like wearing socks down the street instead of shoes! Often we are attracted by white mesh shoes because they look neat, clean and are very aesthetically. Well, their clean aspect lasts only for a few minutes, because white mesh shoes attract every dirt particle.
Just imagine: white shoes attract dirt and mesh shoes absorb any substance they come into contact with, so white mesh shoes are the perfect combo of mold and bacteria growth. Fortunately, cleaning your favorite white mesh shoes is easier than you think. Just follow the steps below and your mesh shoes will look like new.
- Soft-bristle toothbrush
- 2 Small bowls
- Warm water
- Mild laundry detergent
- 2 Soft cloths
- Paper towels
- First thing is to brush gently the exterior of the mesh sneakers with the soft toothbrush using circular motions.
- Next move is to prepare your cleaning solution by combining warm water and small amount of mild laundry detergent in small bowl. You should get a soapy watery solution.
- Then, wash the sneakers using a soft cloth. Just apply the soapy water to the sneakers using gentle, circular motions.
Tip: if you’re dealing with grass or other hard-to-remove stains, just take the toothbrush and gently brush those stains away.
Tip 2: it’s advisable to take a second bowl with warm water and periodically rinse the cloth not to spread dirt over the sneakers.
- It’s very important when cleaning white mesh shoes to fully remove all excess of soapy water. Just take a damp cloth and wipe down the exterior of mesh sneakers.
Don’t: avoid fully soaking the sneakers in water because their shape and texture may be affected.
- The last step is to air-dry your shoes in a dry place, but NOT in direct sunlight. As a matter of fact, it won’t hurt if you fill the mesh sneakers with paper towels or newspapers in order to maintain their shape as they dry.
Tips To Remove Stubborn Stain Out Of Mesh Shoes:
1. In a bowl, prepare a paste of one part baking soda and one part vinegar.
2. Apply the paste to the stain on the mesh part of the shoe with a paper towel. Leave the paste on for 10 to 20 minutes.
3. Wet a paper towel and rinse off the paste completely.
4. Blot dry with a paper towel to absorb excess water.
5. Place paper towels inside the shoe to help with the drying process and to maintain their shape as they dry.