Even the whitest pillows will turn yellow at some point. The reason? Sweat and body oils are responsible for this yellowish mess. I can say they look pretty ugly, not to mention about that stinky odor they catch over time. This being said, I can tell you there is an effective way to remove yellowish stains from pillows without being necessary to use harsh bleachers. Natural remedies are the new chlorine, and the following recipe is the greatest bleacher ever invented! Try it to convince yourself!
- 1 glass of water
- 20 g of glycerin soap
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- the juice from 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide
Way of usage:
1. Heat the water at medium heat, and then add the soap to dissolve it.
2. Take the pot off the fire.
3. Add baking soda, lemon juice and hydrogen peroxide, and mix well.
4. Put the pillow in the washing machine and add the solution in the detergent compartment.
5. Start the cotton cycle.
6. Put the cushion in the drier.
The cushions will look like new and it will smell incredibly good!
Image Credits: Hometalk