Food storage containers are especially useful when you want to take a food package on a journey or when you prepare a snack for your child. The problem occurs when the plastic gets an unpleasant odor that persists even after washing. Here’s the solution:
Wash well the food storage container and its cover before trying one of the following methods to get rid of the smell:
1. Prepare a paste of baking soda and water and rub the inside the container with this mixture; let it stand so for 1-2 days then rinse and repeat if the odor has not disappeared.
2. Put the coffee grounds (wet or dry) inside the food storage container, close the lid and leave it until it will absorb all the bad smell.
3. Put a piece of coal inside the food storage container, close the lid and let it stand until the bad odor will be absorbed.
4. Rinse the food storage container with lemon juice or rub its interior with a freshly cut slice.
5. Let the food storage container outdoor in direct sunlight.
6. Break a newspaper into small pieces and stuff them into the food storage container, put the cover and let it sit so for 1-2 days. The bad odor will be completely absorbed.