One of the biggest pluses of the microfiber couch is that it can be easily cleaned. To clean microfiber upholstery of your sofa, follow these instructions.
1. Vacuum the sofa to remove dirt and debris. Use the vacuum cleaner’s extension hose.
2. Remove the seat cushions and back cushions. Vacuum and brush these newly discovered areas.
3. Check sofa label instructions carefully. Furniture microfiber usually are labeled with one of four codes indicating how to be cleaned: W is for solvent based water S is for free solvents water, S / W is for both, and X is for none (ie, vacuum only).
If your couch is labeled X, your work is already done; resist the temptation to use cleaning solutions, which can stain the fabric.
4. Find the appropriate cleaning solution. A good water-based solution includes mild soap, mild dish detergent, cleaning carpets and upholstery shampoo.
5. Test the solution in an inconspicuous place. Wait for that area to dry before measuring if this was damaged or not.
6. Cleaning the stains. Apply a small amount of cleaning solution directly onto the stain, making sure not to saturate the fabric. As long as the fabric can stand it, try the following procedures:
– Apply alcohol over the stains
– Place a paper towel over spilled wax and quickly pass a hot iron over it.
– Apply water and baking soda to remove the smell, let it dry and then vacuum.
– For a very dirty sofa with a removable cover W or SW, put it in the washing machine on the delicate cycle with mild detergent.
7. Wipe the damp stains, if necessary. The water-based solutions take a long time to evaporate.
8. The micro fiber tends to harden after it was cleaned but can return to its original texture with a light brushing.
9. Re-assemble your sofa. Now it will look and feel like new.