In order to remove the smell inside the microwave oven, heat a glass of water mixed with lemon juice. The released fumes will soften the grease stuck on the microwave walls.
Here are the main advantages of using vinegar, baking soda and lemon for house cleaning:
• easy to use
• easy to purchase
• toxic chemicals free
• eco friendly
Besides having numerous health benefits, apple cider vinegar can also be used in house cleaning. It’s as effective as any other product of its kind, as it contains acetic acid, tartaric and citric acid, being a very powerful disinfectant.
Vinegar helps remove thick layers of grease and other substances difficult to clean, eliminates odors and gives shine. Here are some of its main uses:
• In the kitchen: Mix vinegar with an equal amount of water and store the liquid into a spray bottle. Use this mixture to clean the worktop and the oven.
• Glass cleaning: Prepare a mixture of one part vinegar to five parts water. Pour the liquid into a spray bottle.
• Laundry: Vinegar can be used as a balm for softening the fabrics, hindering scale deposits in the dishwasher.
• Remove rust: rust stains can be cleaned if you rub the object with a cloth soaked in vinegar.
• Cleaning furniture and wood flooring: Vinegar is the best product for cleaning furniture and flooring. Just mix it with water and the concoction is ready to use.
If you didn’t like the smell of vinegar, you can add a few drops of essential oil in the concoction. We especially recommend varieties such as lemon, tea tree and peppermint.
Some people believe that vinegar is not only effective for cleaning certain areas, but also helps eliminate negative energy in your home.
Baking soda is another great product with many uses in medicine, cosmetics and cleaning. Baking soda whitens teeth and cleans the hair, and is an excellent cleaner and a disinfectant, too.
• Bathroom tub and tiles cleaning: Sprinkle a little baking soda on a sponge and wipe the tub and tiles. Finally, rinse the surface with plenty of water and let them dry.
• Laundry: baking soda is very useful for laundry because it softens the fabrics and removes odors, stains and grease.
• Eliminate odors: remove odor from shoes, from dirty carpets, garbage smell, the smell inside the pantry or the pet bedding smell. Sprinkle a little baking soda on the smelly surfaces and remove it after a few hours.
Lemon juice is one of the strongest agents for cleansing the body, helping in fat elimination and blood detoxification. It’s also an excellent solution for cleaning the house, leaving a fresh scent.
• Bathroom: lemon juice disinfects any bathroom surface, especially the toilet. For dirtier areas, cut a lemon in half and rub that surface.
• Microwave: Put in the microwave a cup with a mixture made of equal parts of water and lemon juice. Heat the liquid for 2 minutes; Steam will soften the grease and other sticky residue. Finally, wipe the surface with a cloth.
• Maintain pure white: When washing whites, add a little lemon juice in the washing machine to restore their glow without damaging the fabric.