Suede shoes are very demanding and pretty hard to care for. Yes, it may not be easy, but it’s definitely not impossible. And right now you will find how to clean suede shoes properly by following a few simple rules.
1. Suede shoes must be cleaned every night. You can clean it with a shoe brush soaked in a solution made of water, soap and a few drops of ammonia. Once you have cleaned it, you need to wipe it off with cold water and let it dry at room temperature.
2. If your suede shoes or boots start to get shiny, ammonia comes in to help you. Soak a cotton swab into ammonia and wipe the affected areas. You can also keep your footwear in steam or erase it with a white eraser.
3. Suede shoes stains can be removed with talcum powder or vinegar. Just wipe the dirty areas with vinegar or sprinkle talcum powder over them (it will absorb grease). Allow it to absorb for a few hours, and then clean it with a shoe brush.
4. Dirty or damaged areas of suede shoes can be cleaned with milk. Mix half a glass of milk with 2 drops of ammonia and 1 teaspoon of baking soda. Apply the solution to the dirty area and rub gently. The shoes will get a neat look.
5. First, you must try the above solutions on a small area, and then use it to remove stains.
Image Credits: Apartmenttherapy